/* trackback code -- i added this */

Monday, July 18, 2005

Capital Clown College

W took office promising to restore dignity to Washington. Apparently dignity means a sliding ethics scale -- the more important you are, the less ethics you have to employ -- that goes from (then) abiding no leakers to (now) tolerating no criminals. It's more than semantics. But it occurs to me that even professional clowns have a set of concrete ethical standards. Maybe the WH counsel's office could pick and choose which of these codes it should adopt for the executive branch.

Some of the 7 Clown Commandments:
#4 - I will remove my makeup and change into my street clothes as soon as possible following my appearance, so that I cannot be associated with any incident that may be detrimental to the good name of clowning. I will conduct myself as a gentleman/lady at all times.

#5 - While on appearance in makeup and costume, I will carry out the directives of the producer or his designated deputies. I will abide by all performance rules without complaint in public.

#6 - I will do my very best to maintain the best clown standards of makeup, costuming, properties, and comedy.

#7 - I will appear in as many clown shows as I possibly can.

Actually, maybe the WH counsel's office beat me to the punch. If the big, floppy shoe fits...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonah B. Gelbach said...

Lest anyone doubt my decision to make CHB a full-time partner.....

7/18/2005 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very good decision.

7/19/2005 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home