/* trackback code -- i added this */

Monday, July 11, 2005

Vanished Into Right Here

As I discussed in my previous post, AngryBear has a post about how the right is reacting to the latest Rove-is-a-criminal-or-at-least-a-liar disclosures, and one reaction is this:
John Podhoretz is writing over at NRO’s The Corner:

Two years ago Joseph C. Wilson IV had a bio available online in which he mentioned his wife Valerie Plame's name. The bio has vanished. If anyone perchance saved it or a screenshot of it and can e-mail it to me, I'd be grateful. (PS: It's now 4:15 pm EDT. If you don't do it by 4:30, don't bother.)

Followed by:

Thanks, everybody, for the multiple copies of his bio. Check out the NYPost tomorrow for my use of it...
So, I figured, there must be some fantastically juicy information, say, "Plame", in the "vanished[!]" bio.

Yes. But really, no. You can get all the details here, but here's the short version:
  • Wilson's bio has not "vanished". It is right here.
  • The text of the currently available bio is verbatim identical (is that redundant?) to the text in all 10 archived versions I could find.
  • The bio has Plame's name, as did versions published before the despicable Robert Novak's July 14, 2003 column.
As I discuss here, that last point is just irrelevant. Don't let Podhoretz convince you otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home