/* trackback code -- i added this */

Monday, September 05, 2005

Chertoff: Not Even An Effective Liar

Hat tip to Wonkette for this presentation of front pages of DC and N.O. newspapers last Tuesday. Wonkette writes:
On Sunday, DHS chief Michael Chertoff told "Meet the Press's" Tim Russert that one reason for the delay in getting federal aid to Katrina victims was that "everyone" thought the crisis had passed when the storm left: "I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged The Bullet.'" We're wondering what papers the Chertoff household gets, because these are the headlines that greeted most people Tuesday morning:



It's particularly worth noting the subheadline of the Times-Picayune:

LAKEVIEW LEVEE BREACH THREATENS TO INUNDATE CITY

I guess that Chertoff's problem wasn't so much that he was reading the papers as that he wasn't.

Fire him. Now. Before he screws anything else up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Professor. I actually had you for Econ 200 a couple years ago. I'm not at Maryland anymore, but I decided to do a random search to see if your were still teaching, since I liked your teaching style. It's good you're keeping a blog up. I like the read. I've syndicated it at livejournal - username "jonahgelbach" - so you can pass it on to any LJers if you know any.

9/05/2005 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home