/* trackback code -- i added this */

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gulf Coast Disaster

I've been absolutely overwhelmed by work for the last week+, which explains my lack of regular posting. To my 17 regular readers....sorry about that.

Partly because of work obligations, I'm just now starting to catch up on the Katrina news. It's absolutely awful -- I don't even know where to begin. I hope that things in New Orleans get sorted out, and soon. It is difficult to imagine how there could be such ill preparation for a disaster the precise contours of which had been so much talked-about over the years. It really makes you shake your head in disbelief.

Let's hope that the city, state and federal governments turn around the civil disorder and emergency conditions soon. I'll probably have more to say when I've read more about it all (though not over this weekend, as I will be out of town).

Until then, my heart goes out to the people of New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast hit so hard by this terrible disaster.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some of us use Bloglines, etc., so you may have a few more fans out here than you realize...good luck with your work.

9/03/2005 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home