/* trackback code -- i added this */

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Open Mind

Just watched Bush and Roberts. I imagine I'll get it for this (CHB, you out there, buddy?), but I'm ready to learn more about Roberts. There's an interesting post by Ed Kilgore over at TPMCafe, and this comment by (former Terrapin?) Joe Smith is heartening:
I happen to agree with Jeffrey Rosen that Roberts with his judicious temperment will be a conservative restraintist, which is really the best case scenario.
Given Bush's record on judicial nominations (and on politics), it's hard to believe he would knowing nominate a "conservative restraintist". But I hope that's what has happened. Based on what I know now, it could be worse: we could be dealing with a JRBrown or Priscilla Owen, i.e., an aggressive right-wing activist in the Scalia-Thomas mold.

Time to learn.

Update: Substance notwithstanding, let me second CHB's most insightful process points.

Update 2: The CAP has exactly the right sentiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home